Hello, I’m not updating this blog anymore. If you have any questions contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.orgLeave a comment..
Finally set aside some time to finish this “romantic” image of my bf and ILeave a comment..
For some reason, not many fonts work in Cinema 4D, so you have to use illustrator. Here is a text tut.
00. Make a document same size as finished render. Just to keep everything consistent.
01. In Document mode set the project as RGB
02. Don´t have fill, stroke or styles. A client once gave me a illustrator 3D extrude file to work with, and it was a hard job to clean this up all the paths you get when you import it to c4D.
05. Center text in center of the document to CMD + X CMD + V.
06. CMD + R to reveal ruler. Drag from corner to center to reset the ruler. Use the transform handles to the text as a guide
04. Convert the font to outlines
03. Cinema only imports illustrator files saved for illustrator 8, When you choose save as you will get this option
In Cinema 4D
01. File- Merge objects
02. Hit OK on the window coming up
03. If you use illustrator 5. Got to attribute manager in Cinema 4D, and set the position X Y Z to 0
04. Add a Extrude NURBS, make the text a child of the extrude nurb.
05. In Extrude NURBS- object properties, select Hierarchical.
06. Done! for good looks add Fillet Cap under Caps. A nice one is Steps 3, radius 1.
07. In the object tab under Attributes adjust the depth for the text under movement.
Leave a comment..
01. Add hair to the sphere
02. To only edit the hair, go to the attributes manager. In this case I only adjusted Hairs and set the hair count to 20000
03. Use the tools in the Hair module to brush, curl, grow etc. I recommend to focus on one tool at a time so that you can switch between the selection tools under the hair module and the other tools using the space bar. I find it a bit tricky to select the hair guides. It seems like rotate tool only works if you have used the move tool first. On the image below I only used the material settings to make the curls.
01. To make the curls I only used Tighten in the hair material to 5%
02. The clump the hair together I set Clump to 100% in material.
03. Now add some crazy colour and add it to text or something! Yaii
More coming up later!Leave a comment..
Here you can see the environment for the cupcake. I´m soon going to start the shading. I want this final result to be very chessy… my After effects teacher told me that cheesy is a good thing.. Add particles and lens flare and then it´s good to go!Leave a comment..
I have started a new 3D illustration. This is one of the objects that will be in the image. I will do the shading in the end to see how to looks with the rest of the objects I will add. The sketch is just rough concept.Leave a comment..
Just for fun, I put myself in the 3D illustration I made for my facebook profile pictureLeave a comment..
Here is a 3D model I´ve been working on the last couple of weeks. It´s not 100% complete.. It´s all done in Cinema 4D.Leave a comment..
I´m aching to start new projects, so for now I´m going to say I´m done with this, even though I could sit and tweak it for days
It´s all done in Cinema 4D
Here is a new illustration that I´m working on in Cinema 4D. I´m going to wait to finish the other one I worked one because it requires too many 3D models to finish in a couple of weeks since I do this in my sparetime:) I want this illustrations to look like paper in the end, so that´s why I have used so many low poly objects. Tomorrow I´m going texture huntingLeave a comment..
A test to create a “pixel” art look in Cinema 4D. I don´t feel the sketch and toon shader give me enough control to pull off a pixel look, so I´m going to do some tests over the next few days. Just need to start modeling some more detailed buildings first.Leave a comment..
These are sketches from an amazing trip to Japan this summer. I was one week in Tokyo and a few days in Kyoto and Nara. It was very inspiring, specially one artgallery called Design Festa in Harajuku. They inspired some of my sketches for the “cute” style.Leave a comment..
Late last year I did the character design for a short movie called “Last wedding on earth” by Michael Axelsson. Go to his website to see the pilot “Axelssonfilm.com The modelling and texturing is done by Karoline Sofie Eriksen.Leave a comment..
A tutorial I did based on one of his tutorials. just added my company in the middle.. mint media;)
This is a project I started a long time ago, but I´m inspired to finish it now that I´m going on a vacation to Tokyo next month!! I can´t wait to go! My boyfriend and I are planning to go to Tokyo first, then Kyoto, Hiroshima and Beppu! I have to sit down in a week or so and plan everything. I just ordered a Moleskine Tokyo sketchbook with map and guide in it, so come back to my site in a month from now and it should be packed with illustrations!Leave a comment..
A 3D house from the Stan Douglas project. I´m still waiting for them to send me the final movie with the textures. I spend a lot of time doing textures, so it would be great to see the final result!Leave a comment..
Today after work I decided to make something quick in 3D using the build in shaders. I edited an colorizer shader with a texture and thought that it would look good as cartoon ice. Then I made the model. A “cute” seamonsterLeave a comment..
Here is a test I just did to make a flower in Cinema 4D. I used mograph so all the leafes can be easily animated. Great for motion graphics!Leave a comment..
Yesterday I went out on a concert with my friends, so I had to relax today:) I decided to start to make a Sphynx cat, so I did a couple of sketches and startet modelling him. I can´t wait to do the texturing!Leave a comment..
A test I did today using the hair module in cinema 4DLeave a comment..
A new “3D sketch” I wanted to work more on it, but it slowed down my computer too much. The candy with all the small spheres was fun to make, but they are the ones that gave me waaaay too much rendering time. I used Cinema 4D´s Mograph to have the spheres being attached to the object. This worked out great, and I love how you can see the “jelly” candy underneath the small spheres.Leave a comment..
Here is a head I´m working on. I don´t know if I should make “real” hair or not, so I´ll leave it like this for a while and get back to it later!Leave a comment..
Today it´s a day off from work. The weather was awesome and my friends and I went up to Fløyen in Bergen. Going there inspired me to make this paper plane 3D sketch.Leave a comment..
I loved making the last 3D sketch so I woke up early on saturday to make a new one! It´s a pixel building exploding into the sky.
I also did this one in Cinema 4D
I had an idea today to combine two of my interests 3D and sketching, so here is the result! It was so much fun doing that I think I want to continue making more of these.Leave a comment..
Leave a comment..
A sketch I did at a lecture. It´s nice to look back at these old sketches. It helps me remember exactly how it was to be there.
Sketch from a trip to the hairdresserLeave a comment..
An old sketch from 2007.. I did it in class at Emily Carr UniversityLeave a comment..
Just a quick model I did today in Cinema 4D. If you scroll down this page to March 21st. you will see the sketch. I haven´t sketched a lot lately because I just started on a new big project, but it would be great to start to model some of the sketches I have done so far this year!Leave a comment..